How do I get a reservation?
- Create an account or log in.
- Submit a reservation request.
- Wait to see if your name is selected (see below), which could take several weeks.
How does the lottery work?
- The reservation request form is open Nov 1st through Thanksgiving weekend.
- Reservations are assigned Nov 15th through Thanksgiving weekend.
- If your request is selected, you will be notified by email or phone call.
All reservations will be full and the reservation request form will be closed by Thanksgiving weekend. If you are not emailed or called by then, we were unable to fill your request. You may still be contacted if there are cancellations.
Why is there a lottery?
Each year, the number of requests we receive exceeds the number of reservations we have available. As a result, reservations are assigned through a lottery. We feel this is the fairest way to assign the limited seats we have available.
In the spirit of full disclosure, our friends and family get first priority, and the remaining spaces are given to the public as described above. We first started doing the Stringtown Polar Express for family and friends, and while they remain a priority, we have expanded it to allow the general public to come as well.
What are my chances of being selected?
We receive about twice as many requests as there are seats available, so your chances of being selected are about 50%.
How can I increase my chances of being selected?
Mondays and weekends are the most requested days, and earlier times are the most requested times. Requesting the later times during the mid-week will increase your chances of being selected.