How do I get a reservation?
- Create an account on the Registration page.
- Click the link in the confirmation email to login and set your password.
- Submit a Reservation Request.
- Wait to see if your name is selected (see below), which could take several weeks.
Why is there a lottery?
Each year, the number of requests we receive far exceeds the number of reservations we have available. As a result, reservations are assigned in a random lottery fashion. We feel this is the fairest way to assign the limited seats we have available.
How does the lottery work?
- The reservation request form is open during the first few weeks of November.
- We start assigning reservations in mid November and finish by Thanksgiving day.
- If your request is selected, you will be notified by email. The email notification will contain a link for you to confirm that you have received it.
If you are not emailed or called before Thanksgiving day, we were unable to fill your request. You may still be contacted if there are cancellations.
What are my chances of being selected?
We receive many times more requests than we are able to fill, so your chances of being selected are small.
In the spirit of full disclosure, yes, our friends and family get first priority, and the remaining spaces are given to the public as described above. We first started doing the Stringtown Polar Express for our family and friends, and while they remain a priority, we have expanded it to allow the general public to come as well.
How can I increase my chances of being selected?
Mondays and weekends are the most popular days, and 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm are the most popular times. Requesting the early or late times during the mid-week will increase your chances of being selected.